It could be worse they say...

In having a conversation with someone earlier I was told life could be worse.... I hate that expression so much. As if people are really greatful for the way life is today without the slightest thought of how it is for others.
How can we as humanity not strive on a daily basis to make the world a better place? Last time I checked we were all living on the same planet and breathing the same air... Out of mere arrogance I asked how life could be worse, and I was amazed at what horrible things the person said... They talked about murders, famine, people dying of incurable disease, the world being in ruins and having to start over with nothing at all...
They said it could be me and my family that had nothing, and asked how I would feel about that. My first response was what planet did you come from because of it doesn't have any of that I want to go there!" But then I got a lot more serious with them. It amazes me how many people really think that the world could be worse. We litterally have people dying on this earth from not having food, or shelter, or medical treatment.
People are killing each other because they want what the other person has. Or because they were hurt so they felt they needed to hurt someone also. We have left our cities in ruins with all of the wars there have been, and have crippled innocence with thoughts that this is life. We have accepted that we can't change this. We talk so much about how bad the world is getting like we are about to have to make a call to some other world and ask for help. How did we ever loose sight that we are the problem on earth. Human beings and nothing else. The earth isn't putting a price tag on shit. So who in the hell gave man the right?
We live life as if it's a race... For what reason? I can't remember the last time Mercury was trying to pass earth in a celestial marathon... So why is life that way?  "The universal law is to exist within respect to one another as the galaxy exists." C.R. What can be worse than not living in that manner?

Comments

  1. I am guilty of using that saying it could always be worse. And it was used in a time of great sadness or fear. But when hearing it from someone else it's like a knife to the chest. Maybe to someone not having a meal is the worst thing imaginable but to someone else dieing would be. Everyone walks a different path in life and it is what makes us unique. No one said life was gonna be easy but if you can't come out of the negative shit and become stronger then you never learned your lesson .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment